MWK LIABILITY RELEASE
READ CAREFULLY – THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
*Wherever mentioned in this or any other document, Midwest Krawlers (“MWK”) and the property owner with which MWK contracts or arranges for the use of land for events, such reference is intended to include all officers, directors, affiliates, committee members, volunteers, agents, servants, staff, employees and contractors of each entity. Throughout this and any other agreement, they are collectively and individually referred to as MWK”.
WARNING Driving vehicles off-road, whether on work roads, trails or over rocks/boulders, is dangerous and contains hazards and risks that can result in damage, including injury, property damage and death (damages throughout) I am fully aware that participation in this activity, whether driving, riding as a passenger or observing, is hazardous and involves risk.
In exchange for participation in events organized by MWK, of P.O. Box 481562, Kansas City, Missouri, 64148 and/or use of the property, facilities and services of MWK, I agree for myself and (if applicable) for the members of my family, to the following:
1. AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by MWK, or the employees, representatives or agents of MWK.
2. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS AND RELEASE. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activity and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) my family members, and further release and discharge MWK for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my family’s use of or presence upon the facilities of MWK, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, MWK or other third parties.
3. INDEMNIFICATION. I agree to indemnify and defend MWK against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family’s use of or presence upon the facilities of MWK.
4. FEES. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of MWK caused by any negligent, reckless, or willful actions by me or my family.
5. APPLICABLE LAW. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under Missouri law.
6. NO DURESS. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire. I further agree and acknowledge that MWK has offered to refund any fees I have paid to use its facilities if I choose not to sign this Agreement.
7. ARM’S LENGTH AGREEMENT. This Agreement and each of its terms are the product of an arm’s length negotiation between the In the event any ambiguity is found to exist in the interpretation of this Agreement, or any of its provisions, the Parties, and each of them, explicitly reject the application of any legal or equitable rule of interpretation which would lead to a construction either “for” or “against” a particular party based upon their status as the drafter of a specific term, language, or provision giving rise to such ambiguity.
8. ENFORCEABILITY. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement or of any other applications of such provision, as the case may be, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.